8 things that are bad for your health and you don’t even know it
1. Waking up to an alarm clock. An alarm clock does not represent the natural way of your brain to wake up, so this is a forced interruption of the natural cycle. On the long term this could be ...
5 unsolved brain mysteries
1. One of the brain mysteries that remain unsolved is the one of nature vs. nurture. When talking about twins, everyone knows that they share some characteristics, either traits of characters or ...
Stress – multiple ways of manifesting
I’m sure there’s no person who hasn’t ever experienced stress in their life. Either the kid is throwing food everywhere and you’re late to work, or your boss assigns you ...
Ghost organs – organs brought back to life
You can’t even imagine how much science has evolved. And that’s in a relatively short time. A century ago people were dying from getting a cold, and now we create new organs. Yep, you ...
How to believe you’re dead – the Cotard delusion
Cotard delusion, also called Cotard’s syndrome or the Walking Corpse Syndrome, is a mental disorder that makes people believe they are dead, they don’t actually exist, or they have ...
5 natural remedies for impotence you didn’t hear about
Readers that have problems with their potency, don’t panic! We know that everyone is shoveling down your throat pills and all sorts of chemicals, but we found some really interesting and ...
7 natural cures for headaches
We know how disturbing a headache might be, especially when you have other things to do than feeling crappy. But there’s no option, really, to take thousands of pills simply because these ...
9 reasons and an experiment – why you shouldn’t use the microwave
A girl from a secondary school in Britain thought of an experiment: she took two identical plants in two pots and watered one of them with water that has been boiled in a microwave and then ...
Studying a new language? No, just foreign accent syndrome
The foreign accent syndrome is a rare disease where the patients appear to have a foreign accent. Yes, you read that well. This appears usually after a head trauma, a stroke, after a migraine ...
New recipe for artificial blood
The definition of artificial blood or blood substitute is an artificially created substance that imitates and complies with some of the functions of the biological blood. Up until recently, the ...
10 facts about cats
1. Cats were initially domesticated because of their utility in catching mice and rats. 2. The record for the most mice ever caught by a cat is held by Towser, a cat who lived in a distillery in ...Continue Reading
10 smallest things in the world – Part II
6. The smallest vessel. Sven Yrvind, a Swedish man who is an expert in building boats, built the smallest ocean-faring vessel. It is made of fiberglass cork, basically, and it can use solar and ...Continue Reading
10 smallest things in the world – Part I
1. The smallest gun in the world. Produced by Swiss, the smallest gun in the world is the 2.3 caliber and it’s perfectly functional. However, some people are concerned by the fact that it ...Continue Reading
5 facts about beer
1. Beer and marijuana are more closely related than you might think. The hops, flavoring agent in beer, comes from the family of Cannabaceae, to which also belongs the marijuana plant. 2. The ...Continue Reading
6 facts about pawnshops
1. There is a high risk for the owners of pawn shops to receive stolen goods without them knowing. Of course, no one can tell which goods are stolen and which are of their right owners, so the ...Continue Reading
How to use weapons peacefully?
1. Pedro Reyes, a Mexican artist, found an innovative peaceful use for weapons: musical instruments. He took confiscated firearms and made musical instruments out of them in 2012, and in 2013 he ...Continue Reading
8 weird origins of Thanksgiving related words
1. Mirth and merry come from the same old word which meant “joy”, “pleasure”, but a short-lived one. 2. Merrythought or wishbone. Although still a derived word from merry, ...Continue Reading