Another 10 fascinating facts about the human body
1. It appears that the people who suffer from airborne allergies have a lesser chance of getting sick of cancer. 2. Syphilis can be transmitted through kiss also. 3. There is a disease called ...
8 things that are bad for your health and you don’t even know it
1. Waking up to an alarm clock. An alarm clock does not represent the natural way of your brain to wake up, so this is a forced interruption of the natural cycle. On the long term this could be ...
5 unsolved brain mysteries
1. One of the brain mysteries that remain unsolved is the one of nature vs. nurture. When talking about twins, everyone knows that they share some characteristics, either traits of characters or ...
Stress – multiple ways of manifesting
I’m sure there’s no person who hasn’t ever experienced stress in their life. Either the kid is throwing food everywhere and you’re late to work, or your boss assigns you ...
Ghost organs – organs brought back to life
You can’t even imagine how much science has evolved. And that’s in a relatively short time. A century ago people were dying from getting a cold, and now we create new organs. Yep, you ...
How to believe you’re dead – the Cotard delusion
Cotard delusion, also called Cotard’s syndrome or the Walking Corpse Syndrome, is a mental disorder that makes people believe they are dead, they don’t actually exist, or they have ...
5 natural remedies for impotence you didn’t hear about
Readers that have problems with their potency, don’t panic! We know that everyone is shoveling down your throat pills and all sorts of chemicals, but we found some really interesting and ...
7 natural cures for headaches
We know how disturbing a headache might be, especially when you have other things to do than feeling crappy. But there’s no option, really, to take thousands of pills simply because these ...
9 reasons and an experiment – why you shouldn’t use the microwave
A girl from a secondary school in Britain thought of an experiment: she took two identical plants in two pots and watered one of them with water that has been boiled in a microwave and then ...
Studying a new language? No, just foreign accent syndrome
The foreign accent syndrome is a rare disease where the patients appear to have a foreign accent. Yes, you read that well. This appears usually after a head trauma, a stroke, after a migraine ...
1. Upon Charles Dickens’ death, there was a novel that remained unfinished, The Mystery of Edwin Drood. Later, a man called Thomas James claimed that Charles Dickens’ spirit contacted ...Continue Reading
9 weird jobs that don’t exist anymore
1. Getting the bowling pins back in their place after every hit. 2. Knocker-upper, a person who you paid to wake you up the next day at a certain time. 3. Ice cutter 4. Human ...Continue Reading
6 weird facts about Disney parks
1. Although everything seems pink in the Disney World, you might surprised to find out that in 2010 two employees killed themselves because of the immense workload. One of them wrote on the wall ...Continue Reading
1. It appears that the people who suffer from airborne allergies have a lesser chance of getting sick of cancer. 2. Syphilis can be transmitted through kiss also. 3. There is a disease called ...Continue Reading
9 largest things in the world
1. The largest airplane. It was built in 1988 and it remains the largest airplane even today. The Ukrainian AN-225 Mriya can transport another plane on its back and a Boeing 737 fits inside the ...Continue Reading
6 facts about dogs
1. Surprisingly, it has been discovered that a species of baboons called Hamadryas is capable of keeping dogs as pets. Many claim that they actually live together with the dogs and don’t ...Continue Reading
9 unusual fabrics for your clothes
1. Wine. As weird as it may sound, Donna Franklin and Gary Cass invented a new kind of textile made out of fermented wine. Good side: you can have different colors depending on the wine used. Bad ...Continue Reading